View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Going for my Class B CDL

Hey guys, for those of you who do not know I am 18 and started my business when I was 15. Ive been pretty slow lately this winter outside of helping my dad push snow so I looked into getting a CDL. I figured in the winter time UPS, Petro Oil, and other companies hire on drivers because of the high demand around the Holiday Season. I live in Maryland so the requirements for the Class B CDL is to be 18 for in state and to pass a physical as well as a written and on road skills test. I was just curious if anyone of you have experience with going down this road and if there were any companies that have classes and take you through the whole experience. I do not have a truck under CDL so I would have to rent one or find out if one of my dads friends would let me borrow theirs. I have access to practice with a CDL truck through a local farmer who has 3 tri-axle dump trucks. Any experiences or suggestions would be great!

Thanks
Mike

Doesn't matter what kind of equipment you run as long as you get the job done correctly and up to par.

Page generated in 0.03604 seconds with 7 queries