View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
That is the magic number if you have a class b or class C truck with a trailer with a GVW under 10,000#.

But in MD it does not stop there - the police ARE in fact writing tickets if your trailer has a GVW of more than 10,000 pounds.

If you go to MD's Assembly General website and read the annoted code - such a law does exist. HOWEVER - last I checked - it's written with a TYPO!!! LOL

How many people actually research the laws before going to court to get out of a ticket??? Unless you're a law student - the answer is "almost never"!

But for this law - presuming they haven't corrected the typo - you go to court and you point out the mis-worded annoted code to the judge. And the judge will think you're the smartestest landscaper on earth

We have a 14,000 pound trailer. LOL - But I called the manufacturer and asked them to send me a new spec sticker showing 10,000# gvw! Thank god because one of my guys was stopped this summer and he said the officer actually got out of his car and checked the gvw listed on the spec sticker.

This is how MD makes their money. And they're making hundreds of thousands of dollars off of this law.
If you have a 25999 truck and a 9999 trailer you're in the clear

if you have a 12450 dually and a 14k trailer, you're over

There is NO law that says a trailer over 10 has to have a cdl. It's for if you have a a truck that is 26001 and a trailer is 10001, THAN you need a cdl.

You do not need a cdl for a 12k trailer and 12k truck.

Personally I'll just stay the hell out of Montgomery county. I hear nothing but dumb sh t up there. Anne Arundel Is just as bad

Page generated in 0.05399 seconds with 7 queries