View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, it would appear that you offend some people since you mention that you have lost potential customers because you mentioned that you do not drive foreign trucks (only USA). Apparently some have told you this? Ask yourself if anyone who may have been on the fence has suddenly decided to hire your company because you mentioned that you drive only trucks made in USA. Here's a heads up: people such as yourself who would be won over by such a statement will notice what you are driving without you mentioning it; people who do not care will not notice anyway. This does not help you with your question about mailed advertising pieces.

"Jap" is a derogatory term. Why is it a problem in your vendor/business relationship with customers what car any of them drives? What kind of problem, exactly, is that?

Profits from plenty of publicly traded American companies go or stay overseas to avoid taxes. Profits, while taxable, are a very small part of any transaction. When a foreign controlled auto manufacturer builds a facility here, the dollars spent on construction are spent in the. USA whether the company makes a profit or not. If 100 workers are hired for a new factory in Evansville, IN aren't the employees likely to come from within the USA? Where are they spending their dollars and where do their taxes go? They stay here, largely.

There does not seem to be a sound business reason and, in fact, you have said there is some risk, to express a prejudice of any kind. Fwiw, a big turn off for me is anyone who is trying to sell me something that tries to give me their very strong political views. 9 times out of 10 I will not buy what they are selling even if I agree with their political views. Yes, I do feel strongly about some aspects of politics but I do not discuss them in the context of buying or selling anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Unfortunately this is a touchy subject. My company brags about using American products whenever possible (chemicals, equipment, and vehicles). Problem is, many of our customers own jap cars, trucks, etc. I realize they are "assembled" in the USA, but....the profits go overseas, and I don't like that.

I have lost potential customers in the past cuz i mentioned we don't drive foreign trucks (only USA).

Question:

Do you offend people if you tell them you feature American products in your brochures, etc?

Thanks in advance

Page generated in 0.03527 seconds with 7 queries