View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have a production bonus program in place that has worked pretty well. We have 5 routes (tech's). I divided up each route evenly. The tech's have a weekly billing goal of $5000 ($1000 per day). They get their weekly salary if they hit their goal. THEIR HOURS MEAN NOTHING! They get 10% of everything billed over the $5000. Sometimes, the guys are able to hit their goal by the end of the day Thursday. Then then have two options. Come in Friday and continue to bill for a big bonus. Or, take Friday off and get the full weeks pay. Usually, the techs are able to just hit their goal sometime early on Friday and head home.
They are also responsible for all service calls or estimates that happen in their routes. The service calls and estimates must be done within two business days (and is heavily monitored).
We constantly run reports for service calls to make sure these guys are doing their jobs. I did have a guy last season who was not spraying Nutsedge. Ironically my home and neighborhood were in his route! I made a list of all of the customers that had Nutsedge in my neighborhood and printed 30 service calls for him the next day. Hopefully that was a deterrent and he wont make that mistake again. Aside from that incident last year, it has worked well.

Rob
www.customturfinc.com

Page generated in 0.03795 seconds with 7 queries