View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenI.A. View Post
We give the guys vacation time. Depending on their position and amount of time with the company determines the amount of days they get. Obviously as their time with us increases and experience, we increase the amount of time available to help keep them from leaving.

We don't do sick time, I have found with experience if a guy has "sick time" he will often call in when he just doesn't feel like working. If a guy does call in sick we will allow them to use a vacation day so that they still get their full pay. What we do to encourage the guys to not call in or take vacation is that any time they have left at the end of the year gets paid to them as a Christmas bonus at 150%. So if a guy has 10 days of vacation, he gets paid for 15.

A lot of guys think I'm nuts for allowing vacas when guys get most the winter off. We do block out certain weeks when we know we will be busy, and also require the guys give us notice. For example one Forman is taking a week in June, so I'll be sure we only have one large commercial install scheduled that week.
That is well thought out. I especially like the 150% idea.

Page generated in 0.04165 seconds with 7 queries