View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedlawn View Post
No it's not. This is the reason I want to grow. I'm sure I can get 10 clients but I'm hoping for 25 this year. All of my equipment is fixable. All I need is a truck and I'm set for now.

I appreciate all of the input. I'm also going to rename the company. My last name is Robbins. I was thinking of Robbins lawn care and maint. Or cornerstone lawn care. I already have an idea for a logo. Just need someone with software to put it together.
I like the sound of of Robbins Lawn Care. Whatever you change to go ahead and get a LLC business license just to cover yourself. If your adamant about this business and making it happen then your certainly will be successful. This year will be my first year full time. I have a few good accounts, but I've got to push it more. I now have the trucks and the equipment I could ever need to make it happen so that's why I'm quitting my full time job so I can run my business full time.
In my opinion, and I say this from experience. I worked another full time job and ran my business part time and I feel that it hurt me more so than did me good, but I worked long enough full time to get a 1995 chevy flat bed with 70,000 miles on it and I got a 2005 Isuzu NPR box truck with 148,000 miles also with 4 foot dove tail on the back. Had a lot of handhelds and all that in the box truck. My wife and I bought the trucks and handhelds from a company that closed. Deals are out there. Just look for them. It may take you a few years to find what you need and what works best for you. I did buy a 2013 zero turn though this past season also. All this preperation was done so I could go full time this year. I loose more money letting my equipment sit idle part time. I didn't have a full time job making nowhere near what you make at your full time job currently. So it's easier for me to go full time lawn care because I'm not depending on that high of a money income. I can make more money with my business. My point is keep your full time job save money and buy what you need to keep you set for several years and then start upgrading when you absolutely can not get by any longer with what you have.
Give it some thought and gather info here. There s some really great threads to read in this forum. I wish you the best in your decision.

Page generated in 0.04693 seconds with 7 queries