View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I've also heard of companies giving their employees a set bonus amount if they go a certain time period without missing any work. An example is if you go 90 days without missing a day, you get a $100 bonus. You can obviously use any variation you prefer. Treating your employees fair and giving them a goal to shoot for, whatever the goal may be, is a good way to help keep production up and keep them happy and injury free. Happy employees tend to work smarter and harder then people who feel are being treated like crap. I like the idea of putting $1 into an account above the employees wage so should something happen and they would need the money for an emergency, I would be able to help. Like if they or their spouse or kids got injured or sick and they had to miss some work or even something like a house fire or whatever. You obviously shouldn't tell them about the money or they feel entitled to it but if they are a good productive employee, again if you take care of them and would help them out like that in a time of need, chances are they would stay an employee long term as well as being productive.

A big thing to keep in mind is that they don't choose to be laid off in the down season, and if you were working for yourself, would you be happy if you were expected to take your vacation in the crappy months of the year? Not everyone wants to go to the beach in the middle January - march

Page generated in 0.03414 seconds with 7 queries