View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Trees Too's Avatar
Trees Too Trees Too is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USDA Zone 6a
Posts: 1,840
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
No. Usdot just needs medical card.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, I am aware the U.S.D.O.T. "Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations", require that all USDOT'd drivers carry a MEDICAL EXAMINER'S CERTIFICATE on their person. In addition to being drug-tested at least once a year. And meeting a D.O.T. Physical at least once every 2 years. (Hence the Med. Exam. Cert.)

Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
What kind of trucks are you driving? Certain states require a Chauffeurs License after 10k Michigan being one. Here in Florida a Class E is good up to 26k unless hazmat or passenger after x amount of passengers as far as I know.
With a little more digging, I'm finding out that this issue varies from state to state. As some states have dropped the "Chauffeurs" type of Drivers License altogether. As a CDL {Classes: A,B+C} has more "privilege".
As a rule, for the States that still permit Chauffeurs Licenses, they cover any commercial vehicle under 26' long, and less than 10,000 GVWR.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03852 seconds with 8 queries