View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

One advantage to a Mist Blower is application to the UNDER SIDE of leafs where Mosquitoes hide. Mosquitoes can't survive drying out and have a very short flight pattern. Therefore Mosquito hide during the heat or dry part of the day and are more active both Morning and Night.

I will agree with Fl-landscape about blanket sprays of Talstar/etc. Because of our heavy insect pressure, I believe in 5 gallon of carrier per thousand and go 10 gallon on Fleas Ticks and heavy infestation.

You might want to research installing Mosquito Mist systems. Here in Florida you need a Structural & Mosquito License to install and service them. We also have excellent mosquito control provided by the County. Therefore there isn't a big market for them in my area. With Limes Disease an issue in your world, you might have a winner. There is both Profit on installation and Reoccurring revenue for serving them.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03754 seconds with 7 queries