View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sprayboy you are an antagonist and most people can do without your input here. I can anyway. Dry product was SOLD to PAYING CUSTOMERS. Most of your questions were already clearly answered.

I did messup on the rate of UAN. I pictured myself mixing up with a gallon milk jug but I was looking at my notes on this today and I was using a 2.5 gallon herbicide container. So that might make this seem a bit more realistic. 3x 2.5 gallons is 7.5 gallons of UAN. I made a note of my lawn being 36K after the driveway and house/garage are removed from 40K lot size. Also the dealer told me to try 10 gallons/acre originally. That might have been OK if I had used more water, but when I first sprayed it I was putting 5 gal of UAn/30 of water and that was a bit burn happy.

So I used rough math of 3lbs N/gallon of UAN in my notes. Actual math shows 3.3 lbs N/gal. I used 7.5 gallons of UAN on my 36K or 24.75 lbs of N. Sounds a bit more realistic, I know. So forgive my mistakes. I typed a response here using memory and I visualized myself with a milk jug. It was an old herbicide jug.

So green all year for $8 yes, and if you don't like that you know where you can kiss it. I made an honest mistake here. Anyone want to ask something or try to add to the conversation let's hear it.

Page generated in 0.03189 seconds with 7 queries