View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk but you guys are supposed to be professional yet you're suggesting homeowner techniques. There's no drawing or specs posted to help anyone envision the site but hey, we can read the thread starter.

"doing a 'seawall' on a pond. whats a good to layout the radius? the center point is in 6' ft of water"

When I read this post I think "I know
What a sea is, this isn't hard to imagine"

Next I read "whats a good to layout the radius" I interpret this to say "I'm on my own to do the surveying on this gig" architect is laying all of the responsibilities off on the subs.

Then the op says "the center point is in 6' ft of water" I say to myself ", "something's going to leave a mark on this site". Then we find out that the RP is for a hundred foot radius. This radius point might be in 6' of water, a hundred feet out in the pond.

I know that I may be wrong since I haven't seen the site and I'm going from the ops post but? Contractors go bust daily because they took something for granted or thought that this is an easy peasy job, we can make it work. Sometimes, you can't make it work, it has to be as close to right on as humanly possible.

Your career might count on it
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry, nice polite post, but I completely disagree.

1. It's not everyday that contractors on forums do anything involving building in water, other than swimming pools and ornamental ponds. So actually thinking you'll walk away with the answers is foolish unrealistic thinking.

2. The OP, if really wanting answers will provide photos, plans, and visuals. I haven't seen any yet. You can't expect quality answers if you're not providing the class with visuals. I could be envisioning one thing that is no where near what the OP is working with. If you want people to invest time in typing away and helping - give us drawings, photos, etc, help us to help you.

3. The contractor needs to call a local engineering and survey company to assist with locating all the points. He/she will have to factor this into his proposal for the job.

4. The Great Wall of China, it was built long before the Internet cam along

5. And my biz was built many many many many many moons before the innernet.

6. In closing, get us drawings and photos if you want good thoughts
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03718 seconds with 7 queries