View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

ok, so now, how many cuts are made in a day? 300?

300 x 3.8 / 60 /60 = .37 hr, a little over 20 minutes. I've never counted how many pavers we cut in a day. Some days it's maybe been 20 pavers. But I bet it's never been more than 300, maybe 350 tops. We usually have one guy cutting and another marking. Often times the guy cutting is waiting for the guy marking. Which then makes faster cutting a moot point.

Is spending $170 to $270 more really reasonable opposed to paying a $14 / hr laborer $5.18 (for .37 hr) the time it takes with a slower $80 blade? Presuming they've done the math as I just did, Some people may say "absolutely". And presuming they've done the math I bet the majority will say "take a hike, the numbers do not pencil out.

See, for the diamond blade sales industry - hardscape guys don't break down the numbers. That works in a sales rep's favor. All the sales rep can do is hope they don't read lawnsite.com and see Andrew Hardscape's posts.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.03925 seconds with 7 queries