View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. W. Landscapers, Inc. View Post
Perhaps you should focus your anger on the fictitious omnipotent criminal you invented in your mind that can somehow know which vehicles contain a firearm that has been secured inside a safe inside of that locked vehicle.

A firearm locked inside a safe that is locked inside a vehicle is not being irresponsible nor is it leaving firearms for criminals to just "take it"…criminals steal things…stealing is against the law…that is why they are called criminals.

By definition, they are criminals…our laws do not affect them…they simply do not follow laws…criminals are law breakers. The sooner you accept these facts, the easier it will be for you to comprehend that the victim of a theft is not responsible for causing the criminal acts of the criminal who committed the crimes of theft, destruction of property, and whatever other crimes where committed before, during and after the firearm was obtained illegally.

It doesn't matter how many locks and barriers are placed between the firearm and the criminal and it doesn't matter what the punishments are for breaking the laws to obtain firearms through illegal means…these things won't stop criminals from committing their criminal acts…laws and their consequences play no part in the criminal's decision making process to steal things…they don't follow laws and they have already chosen to ignore the potential consequences society has established for being found guilty of the crimes they are committing or are going to commit.

Those of us who are licensed/permitted to legally carry a concealed firearm are overwhelmingly MORE law abiding than the majority of individuals who are not licensed/permitted to carry a concealed firearm. This is true for every type of crime or violation from murder all the way on down to a simple violation for failure to come to a complete stop at a stop sign.

Victims of crimes should not be blamed for the illegal actions of the criminals who commit crimes which create victims.
I'm not sure what anger you are referring to, nor am i sure what that whole rant was in reference to. So ill just respond to the only parts that seemed to be relevant to my question.

Obviously if your firearm is locked up and cabled to the truck, you don't have to worry, as its locked up. However, a locked up firearm isnt much of a help when you get attacked. so to me, it seems pointless to lock my gun in the truck all day. If attacked, i don't have time to go get the gun. I would get killed before i even got back to the truck. let alone unlock the gun.

Now as far as leaving it unlocked. This still seems un safe to me. I have watched criminals trying to get into vehicles. They pass over the locked vehicles, and go for whatever unlocked vehicle they happen to come across, then they simply scavenge for anything of value they can find. It's not a stretch for a criminal to stumble across your truck any more than stumbling across any other vehicle.

1. so it seems to me the only choices are to carry it on your person (the only choice that will save you if you are attacked outside your vehicle)

2. carry it openly in your truck where you can at least grab it quickly.

3. lock it in the truck, in which case you might as well say you do not carry a gun at work, since youll not have access to it.

Me personally, I conceal at work. but im not sure I will this year unless someone else is on the mower. I may put it in my lock box under the seat, but if i do, ill just consider myself unarmed until my route is done, then pull it out of the box and go about my day.

But i won't leave it open in the truck, it only takes someone randomly checking for any loose tools they can grab from a vehicle likely to have valuable tools to find the loose firearm.

Page generated in 0.05695 seconds with 7 queries