View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkeguy View Post
Sorry to dig up a 27 day old post but I could not find similar question by doing google search (topic site:lawnsite.com). On my about us page I have information about my background, why I like this industry, when I graduated college, how long I've been married and how many children we have. I also specify that we are active in church and several civic organizations but I don't specify those by name.
Would it be a problem to give the name of the place or organization? I also felt that someone could think I was doing it solely to gain more business if I mention the specific organizations we are members of. I bring this up only because I recently hired an arborist to do some work at my house and his website mentioned his memberships by name, both personally and professionally. What are your thoughts?
Make it tie in with the rest of your message. "Bob works hard with his staff to instill his values of caring and integrity in their daily work, and he continues this work in his personal life with his involvement with the youth ministry at [Name] Church as well as his participation in the Ruritan Club." In that way it's all part of your story and it doesn't seem gratuitous.

Page generated in 0.05017 seconds with 7 queries