View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
I agree it might not be his/her fault. However, we only hear half the story on these sites. People go regularly thousands of hours without these types of issues. They're not regular issues. It might seem that things are regular to fail on certain models the truth is just that maybe these models just sold more than others.

It seems and probably something to it that people usually complain 100 times about the same issue(s) that cost them money rather than appreciating what these engines do for them. I don't think you can appreciate any engine without appreciating the one you have already. Unless it's just a dud we ask a lot of these little engines to be drop dead reliable with little maintenance and over worked. Most of these things go years without any sort of major hiccup, but as soon as a little seal fails all hell breaks loose that it's the mowers fault that it cost me 2 hours and 10 dollars to fix.

I'm not trying to jump on the OP just stating that it seems as soon as little issues happen the make is a POS and I'll never buy another one blah blah. How many times have mcdonolds or whatever messed your order up? How many times have they got it right?

When a manufacture is selling 5 times another there might be a chance you have 5 times the problems with this unit. But if you sit down and figure it out they both have the same amount of issues right???
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree, I have had some good Kawasaki engines but this 37 DFI I'm talking about has had probs since the start and it's in the shop now and they want warranty it like they should... So I will not buy another new mower with a Kaw on it... A engine with 40 percent leak down is not ok... And it's blowing seals becuase of it... So since they have gave me and my dad so much trouble on this engine I will not buy another one... The only way I might buy a Kaw is if I get a good deal on a used mower... The Kawasaki Tech rep said he understood me being frustrated and said he would be to but he couldn't send out a new engine yet...we have to clean it up fix the seal and then run it sitting in the shop for so many hours and measure oil usage... My thinking is there is no way it will burn as much oil siting in a shop in cold condition as it would in the heat of the summer with engine under load...so I feel like I)' gonna get the run around...

Last edited by Choppin; 02-11-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Page generated in 0.04216 seconds with 7 queries