View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan27 View Post
Not disagreeing, but just to play "devils advocate", if you don't know how many pavers you cut with a blade, you don't know how many feet of pavers you cut with a blade, you don't know how long it takes on average to cut a certain dimension of paver with a given blade...then how are you going to tell people that the $80 blade pencils out better than a $200 blade? What numbers, besides purchase price, did you pencil in? My gut tells me that you are correct in your hypothesis, but all blades are not created equal either and $/amount of material removed by the kerf of the blade over the life of a blade isn't the only criteria people use to choose a blade.

If I were looking to buy 1-$300/blade that would last me 9 months or 3-$100/blades that would last me 9 months, I'd chose the 3-$100 blades. I'd have a fresh blade 3 times a year and at least 1 back up blade for 6 months of that time. So, in my mind, if the expensive blade doesn't do something that the cheaper blades of the same long term cost provide, I'd go with more less expensive blades.
I'm a very detailed person. I do a lot of observing.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.03843 seconds with 7 queries