View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
I went to the local college, took almost every tree and landscape class, and skipped virtually every general education class.

Got plenty of college education, with no intent of getting a degree.

No contradiction ... just how one perceives what's written.

Also, at least at the local college, the instructors range from Certified Arborists, to landscape designers, to PhDs, with up to 20 or 30 years experience in some cases. They included some hands-on with class instruction ... plus provide "coaching" in the classroom. And even more outside the classroom if the opportunity for lunch arises.

Back in the 80s and 90s, we used to go out for a snack after almost every night class with the instructors, and got an extra education on the side. Some will meet after class, others don't.

Schools and curriculum's vary from state to state. You can personally attest to schools in California and I can personally attest from schools in Florida, in particular the University of Florida's program.

Most better schools provide on the job training and the ability to facilitate additional one on one time with instructors.
I hope the the OP will be making an informed decision with the educational offers available.
easy-lift guy

Page generated in 0.04558 seconds with 7 queries