View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
1. There's only a year and half of injector problems in duramax.
2. There is nothing wrong with owning a 6.0. If you have an 05+ almost all the problems are non existent. If you take care of the truck it will take care of you. 05+ had a redesigned head with larger dowel pin sizes. 04 and under can be made reliable for about $1500.

3. 6.4's hardly have any problems. Job 1 had a few radiator issues. The biggest issue is people letting them idle too long and treat them like eco boxes. If you get a job 2+ you will have no issues pretty much. If you want to delete it you'll have a 600 hp daily driver with tiny mods lol

4. Cummins aren't horrible. I really don't care for their transmissions before 08. They have always been the weak link.

5. I wouldn't bother buying a 7.3. They are old, slow, and noisy. This is dinosaur technology going on here lol. Low sulfur diesel doesn't play too well with them either. Not to mention stupid expensive to repair their own issues. Rotted out oil pans anyone?

That's if you can even find a 7.3 that is afforable without 300k miles on it,
"I wouldn't bother buying a 7.3. They are old, slow, and noisy. This is dinosaur technology going on here lol. Low sulfur diesel doesn't play too well with them either. Not to mention stupid expensive to repair their own issues. Rotted out oil pans anyone?"

This above statement shows the wealth of your great knowledge of diesel vehicles. First off what are the 7.3's expensive issues? I recall putting 125K miles on my 150k mile truck with nothing but maintenance.

I will humor you though, "my posts are so full of misinformation that if you read your own you just admitted to the problems I stated". Let me guess you have newer ford diesel and are offended that you had no clue what you were buying and must defend that they are great because you now own one.

1. That is amazing that General Motors extended the warranty on ALL 1999-mid 2004 Duramax LB7 fuel injectors when only 1 and a half years of production were problamatic! GM should have hired you and they could have save hundreds of thousands on warranty repairs. Why are you cutting grass?

2. You can not bullet proof a 6.0 for $1500 my friend, if you paid someone that to fix yours I have bad news for you.... its gonna go kabooom! Theres nothing wrong with owning a 6.0 EXCEPT Cooling system problems leading to overheating, egr problems and ooopppsss the head bolts!

3. 6.4 ford diesels, turbo failures ($4500-$6000 dealer repairs), smoking and engine skipping from loss of compression due to egr failure causing hydrolocking destroying pistons and cracking the bore of the block in most cases, melting plastic radiators and so on.

4. you agreed with me here

5.What problematic expensive repairs for a 7.3 besides a 15 year old oil pan rotting. A 15 year old 7.3 will last tons longer than a 6.4
10Ft Dump Trailer
12Ft Leaf Box Billy Goat
60" Exmark Lazer Z
52" Hustler Mini Z
44" Toro Z Master
36" Bunton WB
21" Honda WB
Redmax & Stihl Handhelds
Bunch of other crap!!

Page generated in 0.03998 seconds with 7 queries