View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerepairdotcom View Post
We don't know all the facts. We don't know if he bought an oem carb or aftermarket.

The facts we do know is most aftermarket carbs are built to OEM specs, Both JRS's old and new carbs had a #95 main jet, There's a very slim chance a brand new carb will have a dirty restricted port/passageway, All engine manufacturers are REQUIRED to lean engines out to pass emissions regulations......

I had four (4) brand new carbs that caused a surge on two (2) brand new out the box 8000 watt gen sets, Someone down the pike got the jet ports too small causing a lean run surge from the factory. I likely could have ordered a whole case of carbs and still ended with the same results (surge), The ONLY fix was to drill the jets to the next size.

After the above ordeal, I have no issues with drill'n a jet out if all else fails...... And on a brand new machine, I'll drill first before ordering another new carb.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannsLawnService View Post
some times the man in my mirror isn't so smart...
"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!

Page generated in 0.03394 seconds with 7 queries