Old 02-21-2014, 02:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedly05 View Post
Looks awesome!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Love that light bar on the excavator, why don't they come that way?

I'd like to do something like that on the TL130 but have some side lighting, where do I look to get the LEDs?
I get mine from and Ebay store LEDStore9@gmail.com Great prices, quick shipping and good customer service.

I know most people won't care and think we're just "pimping out machines" but I paid less for 3 30" bars 2 20" bars and 4 cubes than it would have cost to outfit the DX235 with 4 halogen lights above the cab and 2 halogen to the rear from Doosan. Out of curiosity I asked our salesman what the lighting option cost and it was $1400 his cost and about 1800 installed. I paid 1090 for all the lights to outfit each excavator and one for my pickup as well, I still have a spare 20" I might put on the Bobcat but the light I need the most is on the excavators, so I may just sell it to a friend. The tint also makes sitting in the machines 8-13 hours a day way more enjoyable.

Those 30" bars put out 14400 lumens... an average halogen headlight on a vehicle is around 1300-1700. So there is 2.5-3x the light with these LED bars and they last 50,000+ hours and handle vibrations better. Perfect for construction equipment.

Once I figured out the machines are already prewired for the lighting option I can install a bar in about a half hour and it runs off the factory switch. The bars don't draw anymore amps than the halogen pieces do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
really sharp machines. I wish mine could look like that but 15 minutes into the woods here and everything is scratched to hell. I hate cedar branches! They poke holes in anything plastic and rip off decals, paint, and my forestry guards.

I imagine when that 770 shows up on site, it gets a lot of attention. Real looker!
Yeah they don't stay nice forever, esp where I end up taking them and boulders go where they want. It will be nice to look back at pictures before they get scratched up. Can't say I didn't try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopers View Post
Love how the machines looked! Waxing is a great idea. Can't wait to see work pics. You guys now have a nice range of excavators.
I'm hoping the wax will help to keep the machines cleaner between washes and also help clean the grease off.

Page generated in 0.03989 seconds with 7 queries