View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
Noticed the comment about mobile devices.

Not sure what kind of customers you get, but I bet less than 1% of the people who ask me to work for them every researched my type of service on a mobile device. Typically a laptop or desktop.

A lot of us don't cater to the text-ville crowd.

Question ....

Do you own the copyright to the header iimage? Because there's a copyright statement at the bottom of the page. And if the content is not all yours, then I wouldn't put a copyright comment on there.

With Google Analytics running on the site, it is easy to see how many mobile users there are; it's typically a lot more than people think. When looking at real time monitoring on websites we support, I've seen upwards of 50% of the users being mobile.

You want a copyright on your website to protect your own content. Any image you use on a website should be licensed (or one that is your own work product), but regardless of that, you still have content of your own to protect. I've seen more and more website plagiarism occurring these days as people rush to launch websites or add content to a site and they simply copy & paste from other sites (which is pretty pointless as it won't be original content for you and Google will know that), but it is a way for people to content fast and, apparently, they can't even be bothered to at least reword it a little.

As for the original posting, remember content is king. If your site doesn't have a whole lot to say, Google will have a hard time believing that it will have a whole lot of value to people.

Page generated in 0.03372 seconds with 7 queries