View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalz View Post
As long as I can make money at this job. Why shouldn't I take it. Having small equipment for a job is nothing new to me. If I can get at least $40 per hour that's really good money for someone 16 years old. I do understand this will be close to the limit of what ny 36" can do to make money. I've nevwr had to cut this big of property before, bit I can get my 3/4 acre property done in about 45 mins. And that is with mowing around the house and trees and a few other obstacles. And that is not going at full speed on the mower.
Figure out how much you need to price this job at to be profitable at your current level of production and bid this job at or above this number.

If you get the job, great, you have a profitable job.

If you don't get the job, move on to the next potential job.

Stop wasting time…you started this thread on 2/26 and it is now 3/1…it is way past the time to submit your bid.

Multiply your hourly rate by the estimated number of man hours needed to complete this job and you have your minimum price for this job.

Either bid you minimum or bid above your minimum…the choice is yours. The higher you bid, the more profitable the job will be if you get it…If you bid too high, you risk not getting the job.

Good luck, submit your bid and let us know on Monday if you got the job.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110