View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I'm fine with these numbers. These folks also pay for extras like cleanups,sod repair, mulch, bed maint,palm trimming,pressure cleaning,etc. Its the people that only want to pay 60 a month for mow n go that kill you. They just want rough cut, no frills. Some guys make a decent living doing just that,but its high volume that's hard on gear with massive turnover. It also doesn't take a 20ft enclosed trailer with 3 ztrs and crew to do well here. It does however take time to build your base. You get seen enough in a nice subdivision doing good work and a lot will drive up to you. Neat appearence and great attitude go a long way.
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly. There is plenty of money to be made in Florida(assuming you live in a good area) if you are more than a mo and go outfit. The big key is it does take time to build your base. I am 5.5 years in and things are just starting to roll for me.

I had a lady call me a few months ago basically dictating to me how she wanted her place done. She wanted weekly in the summer and once per month in the winter. Said there was almost "nothing to do" in the winter even though this neighborhood is flooded with giant oaks. I told her we don't do that and she got testy. These are the types you are talking about to steer clear from. They do their own fert, will hire the $10/palm tree guy, no installs, etc.

You have to be willing to stick to your guns and stick it out....then things start to roll

Page generated in 0.03207 seconds with 7 queries