View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes, I have a Midas shop about two miles away, and an indy shop only about half mile away - the shop that does the required state inspections. I know the indy shop goes good work, so would not hesitate to take it there for the work.

As for "why not take it someplace," I've owned vehicles for over 50 years, and I have never had somebody else replace an exhaust system. The exhaust systems in the past 15-20 years are sooooo much better than those before that time. Replacement in earlier years were typically made every two to three years. In other words, exhaust repairs used to be a very routine matter, something often done by the owner.

I did stop at NAPA. The portion needing replacment comes in three sections, a short pipe between the OEM break (behind the cat), the muffler, and the tailpipe. Parts #1 and #3 would not be heavy, but don't know about the muffler. The weight was not listed. The cost for #1, #2, and #3 is about $125. With some clamps, it probably would add another $10.

Colli, ... you don't mention three pieces. Did your replacement come as a single unit, pipe, muffler, and tailpipe? If in three pieces, would a helper be needed? I suppose some support system could be built to temporarily support the heaviest part, the muffler.

Page generated in 0.03167 seconds with 7 queries