View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
People do not want strangers walking up to their doors. You are stepping onto private property.

You walk up to their door you set off their dogs. They have to calm down their dog. You just made yourself a pain in their butt.

Placing a flyer on a mail box shows you respect their privacy and know how to conduct business in a professional manner.
Placing flyers on mailboxes shows you have no respect for federal postal regulations.

As far as knowing "how to conduct business in a professional manner" goes, I have numerous years of experience conducting business in a professional manner with people who will only conduct business with you if you come highly recommended and your professional etiquette is top notch.

I could tell you about all the times I've conducted business with State Governors, US Senators and Representatives, State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, The United States Secret Service, Foreign Dignitaries, 2 NYC Mayors, celebrities, professional athletes, high net worth individuals, too many large corporations and businesses to list, and a whole slew of regular people and small local businesses, but I don't want to bore you with all the details about how I've conducted business in a professional manner.

However unlikely, your advice about placing flyers on mailboxes could result in someone being charged with a federal offense…that by definition is not how to conduct business in a professional manner.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110