View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Hey sorry I haven't been on in a while. The efi kohler does save quite a bit on fuel compared to the 31 kawi. There is a trade off in the power department and if you are a power freak then the efi may not be right for you. The reason I say this is because the 460 we had with the 31 kawi would cut straight up a steep bank in 1' tall grass and it wouldnt slow down a lick. The efi kohler will slow down some. It does not have quite the "balls" the 31 kawi had.

BUT most of our lawns are not hilly and our lawns are weekly cuts so they dont ever get THAT deep so for us it is a non issue. We had serious backfire issues with our kawi when you start it and when you cut it off. It would also puff HUGE clouds of smoke once or twice a week when you start it and it consumed oil pretty fast. I started reading about the big block kawis failing around the 800 to 1200 hour mark coupled with the way our engine ran and our previous bad luck with other kawis I decided to trade it in with only 470 hours on it and get the kohler efi. I am VERY glad I did. It starts so easy, runs so smooth, uses less fuel, never backfires, never puffs any smoke and does not consume a drop of oil. BUT it doesn't have quite the power the 31 kawi did. I wouldn't dare try to run a rear bagger on it. Doesn't have enough power for that. It has been the best decision we have ever made getting rid of the kawi and going with the closed loop kohler efi. I really love it that much. Anything over the 31hp kawi is wayyyyyyy overkill on the 460. I mean big time waste of gas overkill.

So if you want or need tons of power go with the kawi. If your lawns are manicured weekly and you are not in a super hilly area go with the efi kohler.
Do you mean the Kohler EFI doesn't have enough power to use the bagger?

Page generated in 0.03150 seconds with 7 queries