View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
I think we will be working thru the wild hog population for some time before I try to find a python.
Not to change the subject BUT. I was standing in line at Tractor Supply and started talking to a lady beside me in line. Bottom Line She was buying Corn to feed wild hogs near her house. She didn't want to shoot them or put them in the freezer, she just liked seeing them. I bit my tongue. People wouldn't feed birds if they stopped realize how much disease they care. Also those who feed Gators.

A while back there was a guy who lived on a main rural hwy, feeding wild hogs. I drove past his house several times and saw what I assumed was a Domestic Sounder of Hogs. Turned out after a few accidents or near accidents on the hwy, and New Paper article. He no longer feeds the wild hogs.

I have studied the hog problem and how to best control it. But I don't think people are ready to eradicate the problem. While there is a need, there is no demand for control.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03887 seconds with 7 queries