Thread: Postcard Ad
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Member

I guess I don't understand how people react to marketing. Marketing has never worked for me.

I don't fall into "limited time offers" or any kind of gimmicks like that, but then again I am a very picky and cheap customer myself. I'm the kind of customer that I hope I do not end up getting. LOL

Can we keep this discussion directed towards advertising? I don't want to get into the merits and pitfalls.

I will say this. I live in an area with a lot of money and a lot of lakes. People here do care about things like this and I don't think it will be too difficult to find enough customers to keep me busy. I plan on charging $40 for 1/3 acre or less, and I won't be taking properties larger than that.

If they want Joe Dirt down on Dead End Dr., they can hire him for $20. But if they want my service, they will pay more, and I think my general local market can support it. It's not too saturated here, and the two big ones around are expensive.

As far as the ad. I thought about putting a border around the "referral bonus" section. Maybe I should make it stand out more, but maybe a border would be overdoing it.

As far as the woman and children - it still looks a little cheesy to me.

I'm still going for a more local feel. Like I said before, "too professional" makes me think the company is hundreds of miles away, cold and distant, whereas I want them to know that my company is their neighbor. I am wondering if taking the picture away and replacing it with something else will work.

Thanks for all the replies! And again, please keep this topic directed towards advertising, if you don't mind.

If you had any specific questions for me about other things, I do check my inbox

Page generated in 0.04568 seconds with 7 queries