View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I wanted to add. Social and Solitary are two different pests when it comes to controlling or Eradicating them. Hogs are a social Pest that live and travel together. They are also will eat anything and can be baited very easy. Therefore Hogs are easy or easier to Eradicate than Solitary Pests like Pythons which live and travel alone. Pythons in captivity will eat dead whole animals like feeder mice. But they only eat Live bait in the wild.

Now if we look at other Social pests like ants and apply the same control technics. Hunting Hogs would be like stooping on a ant. The rest of the colony survives to reproduce. However if we were to pour Boiling water on a ant Mount nest and Kill the queen we would eradicate that colony. If we did the same thing to all ant mounds in the area we would be ant free. Hog control works the same way. Instead of shooting a few Hogs we bait all the hogs in an area over a period of time. Then after training all of them to come eat at the same time at the same place and monitoring them. We Pour Boiling water or spring the trap only when we have all the Hogs or whole SOUNDER.

FYI Modern Technology can Monitor hog baiting sites via internet and Smart Phones. on large properties you may need several baiting sites/traps. These traps are 30 to 50 ft wide depending on the Hog pressure. The biggest problem is not waiting for all the Hogs in the area to enter the baited trap area. Hogs being very smart can become trap shy and by missing hogs when trapping you educate them to be trap shy.

I love hunting Hogs, But the Pest Control operator/ Nuance Wildlife trapper in me wants to eradicate them.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03350 seconds with 7 queries