View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This kind of goes hand in hand with this thread any maybe you will find some something useful from it. With that said, my parents still live in the same neighborhood that I grew up in. When I was a kid say from around age 8 until I was well into college, I would knock on doors during snow storms asking if people were interested in having their property snowblowed. I would get everyone on a rotation and continually hit up everyone's property until the storm stopped. My parents always said I hustled to make a buck, and I was good at it if I do say so myself. With that said, there seems to be a total change in the mindset of young individuals today. With the crazy snow we've had on the East Coast this year, not a single person had knocked on my parent's door to ask if they were interested in having their property snowblowed. The same goes for landscaping services in the summer. My parents both said that even in the summer kids are rarely seen playing outside like we (friends and I) used to do when we were young. My parents said they would be happy to help some kid trying to make a buck despite them being able to take care of their own property. The mindset of people has totally changed. It's a shame when you really think about it.

Doug

Page generated in 0.03505 seconds with 7 queries