View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
If going electric, then go with a corded one...WAY more power. Otherwise, get gas powered and spend the money on a good brand. I like Dolmar.
Not necessarily. I don't have a cordless chain saw to compare, but here's something for consideration. My Milwaukee Fuel 18V cordless drill has significantly more power than my corded DeWalt 6.7A drill (both are commercial 1/2" chuck drills). The power is a available with new battery technology, but it is expensive.

I would assume that the 36V Stihl chainsaws are more powerful than their corded counterparts, or at least the same power. I wouldn't necessarily make the assumption from an 18V tool. But the cost is astronomical when you add in the batteries and quick charger, etc.

If you were using this every day, AND also using a hedge clipper and possibly string trimmer that used the same batteries, then maybe it makes sense in a neighborhood with a high noise sensitivity. But in general (except for the hedge clipper that doesn't really need much power to run), you will be working faster with a gas tool that has more power to work with.

It's a small niche market still.

Page generated in 0.03760 seconds with 7 queries