Thread: Best Boot?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan27 View Post
I don't like boots that carry a lot of bulk above the ankle, that bulk seems to only serve as a place to funnel debris into the boot and give the feeling of a less supported ankle. I had a pair of Vasques many years ago and they make a very high quality boot...
What I like about the hikers over typical work boots is your foot tends to come down flatter with better ground contact than a heeled work boot, really protects those ankles. My feet feel better after a day in hikers than they do in regular work boots too.
Those are all good points about quality footwear for our line of work.

While I can't say that Vasque Breeze don't allow debris in from the top, I can say they're better than other brands I've tried. AND, they're cooler than other brands...an important quality I've come to appreciate.

Bryan27, if you ever get yourself a pair of Breeze I'd love to hear your review: for better or worse.

Anymore, I order my boots online, and if you're unable to try them on first to find your size in a particular model/brand...I'll recommend finding your "Euro size" and cross-correlate w/in your desired model/brand. I've rarely been let down with this method. Kudos to Onlineshoes.com for how they operate their business...as I use them 90%+ of the time and usually save 25-30% off of retail by waiting for their best sales.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings

Page generated in 0.03114 seconds with 7 queries