View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry you can't do this job unless you basically fully sub out the work. As far as charging $75 per yard of mulch including clean up, that LCO either mis-typed or it is not good advice. Depending on your area of the country, which you stated was an upper class neighborhood you should be able to get $60 a yard for mulch including laying it down. Plus your hours worked on clean-up, plus de-thatching areas of the yard, plus edging a few beds he wanted edged. You can $90+ a yard in upper class neighborhoods per yard of mulch.

But unless you want to try and sub it out to a big company and make a couple bucks being the guy in charge then you need to let him know that it's TOO MUCH work for you to do. That's a lot of work for a full-time 2-3 man crew. Personally with my dump trailer I can do 2-3 yards of mulch per hour by myself, anyone working for you is going to work two-thirds your pace.

Michael

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN

Page generated in 0.03976 seconds with 7 queries