View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You jumped from $150-$200. on 4/10 to $750. on 4/12? If you don't have enough experience to bid it, then I wouldn't tackle it, that's my 2c. I do lawn services not tree trimming, but I tackled a few tree trimming jobs this year, big and small for extra cash. I can tell you, no-one hear can tell you what to bid. Everyone is different. There are guys here who have companies that won't operate without netting $1,000.00 a day, others can operate on $50.00 a day. The best thing you can do is figure out how long it's going to take you (say a day), know how much you need to make out of a full days work in case it takes you the whole day, raise the price 10% on top of that, and charge that. If you need to make $500.00 a day, charge him $600.00. I don't have heavy experience in tree trimming, but something like that I would tell him $650.00 for the trimming and taking out every other tree. $1K if I have to dispose of it, which you said you didn't have to do. As far as help, etc. I would tackle all of them tree's by myself in one days work time and get it done quick and easily, even not having much experience. As I said I don't have a lot of experience in tree's, but I did do a property last month with limbs over the roof. That was much more risky and I charged for the risk. Something like that, out in the open I would tackle it without hesitating. However, if he didn't want to pay at least $500.00 I'd rather be behind the mower.

Page generated in 0.03264 seconds with 7 queries