View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch1 View Post
Four years ago, when I was still servicing commercial equipment, I had one commercial outfit with three Kaw equipped units. All three engines had in excess of 4000 hours and were still running great--they sold while they were still in running condition and bought new. They were very service conscious, changing oil/filter every two weeks(about 100 hours) as well as cleaning blower housings and cleaning/replacing air filters.

A second outfit, also with Kaw equipped units, experienced much shorter life spans, one as short as 80 hours(plugged blower housing/cooling fins).

I have my preference regarding engines I prefer to work on, but I'm convinced that most "engine life" threatening problems could be eliminated with regular and meticulous service, regardless of engine manufacturer. Shortcuts in service end up biting you in the butt--service is simply insurance in the protection of your investment.
Since you have the experience....... I have read the manual I know what it says but I want to get your opinion. I have a 23 hp Kawasaki. How often do you think the oil should be changed, and would you use full synthetic? Is there any other maintenance besides cleaning the air filter that I should keep
In mind. Thanks for any advice.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04281 seconds with 7 queries