View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
I think the package your referring to was around 60 grand....... that's a lot of scratch for what they offered. Even 3k for a push mower and a couple handhelds. That's a crazy amount of upfront capitol for what seems like a niche market.

As a far as fuel we use bulk at the shop, crew comes back, cleans truck, fuels truck and mowers and are ready for the next day. Like I said the battery thing seems neat but not an economical option for us.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think that is a little of a rip off. 3k for the push mower and handhelds is WAY over priced. Now if it was a grand and was self propelled, then it would be a better deal. If say Exmark made something like that it would probably be less. Give it a few years and batteries will be cheaper.

Seems like you have a productive setup. BTW, I read you thread and you have some nice equipment. There is NO way you could even use electric mowers because you gut huge properties!! My favorite is the diesel mowers. There a great alternative to gas because they last longer, pollute less and while they do cost more to fill up, they go farther. My least favorite was the fords... JK, they look cool!! You got everything except a new body style 2011 or up!!

Page generated in 0.03762 seconds with 7 queries