View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfectLawns View Post
I don't know where you got the idea they last forever. I wouldn't be worried about the paint worried off, how you tell when they start getting worn is measure them when their new length ways, then measure it after several lawns. It will be much shorter. They get shorter when they wear. I change them once a day. I can get a whole day out of them, by the end of the day I'm having to push that blade deeper down to get the edge I like. I order them by the 100's from here for about .80-.90 cents a piece.

http://www.texasmowerparts.com/

For that echo edger, it looks just like mine. I have the PE-266 and it's a great machine, reliable, and the power is pretty decent on it. However, after a year of use, I'm willing to bet you have to adjust the carb. There's a plug on the back of the carb. which is an easy adjust.
I get the idea that they'll last forever by how they are about twice the width of any other blade, and I edged about 600 feet and the paint was barely worn off, and the metal was barely rounded on the corners. Also, when we were at the store buying it, a salesman said that a commercial landscaper (like you) uses them all day every day and they last forever for HIM, so they'll definitely last forever for a guy that's only going to be doing 3-4 lawns total.

I do my lawn and one other and don't plan on getting more than maybe 2 or 3 other clients as I'm 15 and school is my main priority right now. Currently I go through about 2 blades a year.

I tried to upload a picture of the width of the blade, but for some reason it failed. I have no clue why if I take pictures of stuff with my cellphone and load them on my computer, lawn site lets one of the photos (only 1, every time) upload and all the rest fail. Annoying.

Last edited by hmlawn; 05-03-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.03373 seconds with 7 queries