View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearMonkey View Post
That said, I also under bid on my "computer geek" business to get more clients. I'm not looking to price gouge people. If I can do the same work better for 1/2 the price, I'm going to do it.
I could be wrong, but didn't your original thread (the deleted one) say that your SEO business wasn't doing well, so you decided to give this a whirl? You might want to take a step back and look at your business strategies. Something doesn't seem to be working.

I will give you this. It takes a brass set to come to a lawn care professionals forum and tell everyone you're going to charge $5 to their $35. It takes a bigger set to retort "Low balling? I doubt that.". It absolutely illustrates your 100% complete and utter lack of understanding of this industry and it's associated costs. Your idea is simply not scalable, but you can't see it because you just don't understand it. It's nothing more than basic math. This forum, especially since the advent of the reddit kids thinking they're going to disrupt the cleaning and lawn care industries, is littered with vacated profiles thinking they were going to do this. It's that simple math that kills them every single time.

Serious question... At $5 a lawn, when do you recoup your business's insurance costs?

Page generated in 0.03304 seconds with 7 queries