View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabmasonry View Post
I guarantee you that the hp and torque curves in a C12 on highway is completely different then a C12 in a dozer. Electronics make that change even more noticeable, but even a completely mechanical system would have a different curves.

As for the two speed rear end. I can't even begin to explain how bad of an idea that would be. an auxiliary transmission might be more applicable, but a two speed rear-end is just a recipe for disaster.
Maybe on the C12. I can say the ACERT power band is wider than most on road trucks. Maybe that's just my particular rig, but that's been my experience. And you cannot deny that CAT's eartmoving background hasn't influenced that. But, I'm not a CAT engineer so I can't definitely say that.

I worked in a truck company before I went into this full time, and our new at the time Seagrave had a 5 speed auto connected to a Series 60 with a massive turbo. And that truck flew.

Yes, a two speed rear in a one ton is no bueno. Honestly, a 7 speed with the first six spread a little farther apart and one kicking in to where I spin low RPMs at 65 I would be very happy with.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03916 seconds with 7 queries