View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terceslil View Post
I have a 2003 Exmark 48" w/15hp Kawasaki. The model is MHP4815KAC, serial number 394840. I have nearly two acres of yard. It is not level and has many dips and holes. After I hit a hole, something on the mower goes out of adjustment and the mower no longer pulls. I take it to the shop and they charge like $60 to correct the adjustment. I really feel that the adjustment is nothing major and I hate having to bring it to the shop for a minor adjustment. It keeps the mower from pulling itself and sometimes won't turn without being forced. Any idea what the adjustment is?

This mower makes a pretty cut but does not like ditches, uneven or unlevel ground or holes!

Kinda late reply but it sounds like the neutral/tow rod is moving out of position. There should be a rod/lever for each trans that you move to allow the mower to be moved with the engine off. Either it is missing a spring and/or the rod has an indentation to hold it and is bouncing out of the groove and moving. You usually have to lift the seat to see it.

Page generated in 0.03129 seconds with 7 queries