View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim,

I'm not a hater. I think it is cool and looks really nice and it is different. However, I look at buildings and landscapes for what activities they are designed to address and what the intended experience for those uses are in order to determine if they are effective or not.

Whimsy or innovation can certainly be a legitimate goal and I call that successful.

It is designed as an office that flows into an outdoor space. I work in an office and have worked in several different office environments. That space would not be a comfortable environment for me to function in doing my work. The deck is an odd space as well and it is obvious that putting any deck furniture would take away from the sculpture that is the structure.

All I'm saying is that it is a cool sculpture. As a sculpture it flows from the office space to the landscape. Yet I don't believe that it is successful as an office space nor as an seating space to connect to the landscape as a functioning human interacting with either the office or outdoor environment.

Great sculpture. Great demonstration of an architect, structural engineer, and building contractor. Not a great blending of human activities from indoors to outdoors for a meaningful experience in my opinion.

Page generated in 0.03543 seconds with 7 queries