View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbow300 View Post
We have been using Gopher for several years, but are currently in transition to Service Autopilot. Gopher is simple and effective, and good for a one truck operation, or maybe a little more. The cost is a one time buy of between $100 and $300, depending on the version you need. The limitation with Gopher is that only one PC/laptop has the software, so one person is the "keeper of the realm" so to speak. If you have staff that need access to the info, they have to call or email the person with the computer. If you have a bookkeeper, he/she will probably have the computer and there is always something you need out of it.
We are adopting Service Autopilot now. The cost goes up exponentially as it is a "membership" rather than software. It's all web based, and can be accessed with mobil devices. Seems to be able to handle functions such as exact job costing and estimate templates, but it is complicated, and you will need a real commitment to learn it and get it rolled out. I'm not 100% convinced they have the staff in place to handle everything they promise, but we will see...
Posted via Mobile Device
I am a solo one truck and one computer guy. I do fert and would like a way to track and add customers with ease. Now i use excel and have to up date every page not fun. Would Gopher work just for tracking and record keeping of chemicals.

Training them early

Page generated in 0.05403 seconds with 7 queries