View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I have one on my Snapper Pro 36" for about 6 months and 15 hrs with OEM blades. It does the same thing with a line of grass when closed and a big clump when you open it back up. I was gonna do a review but never got around to it. I would describe mine as universal fitting. The cover plate sticks forward of the discharge opening about 3" when closed just waiting to snag something. Eventually I will bend it to curve with the deck. I had to put a 1/4" plate of steel to raise it to sit flush with the bottom of the deck. You have to drill your own holes for the mount and in that process it moved slightly and I am reminded of it every time but it doesn't affect performance. I installed a toggle switch to turn it off in case something unknowling falls onto the pedal when not in use. The cover should be redesigned to sit flush or recessed when opened. Lastly the arm kinda rubs the motor. I tried rearranging the arm and plate but couldn't get it aligned.

In the end I like the ease of use and it works as intended. Next blades I get are mulching and maybe a mulch kit.

Page generated in 0.03788 seconds with 7 queries