View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Why I want controllers linked to rain sensors. One week it can be flash floods every day, then next sun and almost 90 degrees outside. The greatest hazard is people who shut everything down for a long time just because of a wind driven drizzle that does not even wet the ground.
While Rain Sensors are cheap and easy to install, They are not always effective if the Irrigation controller isn't set up correctly.

Most people just set each zone for 20 minutes year round. Winter in my year round Growing season doesn't necessarily need that much water with shorter days and Colder temperatures. Come Spring's longer, Hotter, windier days and the Irrigation needs to run double or triple the 20 minutes. Now add in the fact my area has Sandy soil with no Field Capacity and it doesn't take long to drain all the water from the soil in 80 degree Humidity. Therefore even with the Irrigation turned on, the Grass can fry.

BTW Because City water is Liquid Gold, I live where I can have a well. However my well water is so hard I had to install a RO system.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.04752 seconds with 7 queries