View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Then you use the next generation weather sensor such as the Hunter Solar Sync. This adjust watering upwards in response to hot weather or down in cold weather, as well as providing rain shut down. I trust people inside of an irrigation controller if they understand ET and inches of water per week. Otherwise no. Someone talking to me about minutes turns me off just like asking how much spray concentrate per gallon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Late last week and this week have been a challenge to the lawns. More typical of what I expected to see the last month or so.
You can see any and every flaw in a irrigation system right now as well as tell who follows watering instructions and who does not.

Mikey makes a good point in the fact it is hard enough to keep a standard irrigation system adjusted. Every Lawn jockey runs over the nozzles. If they do clean them, it is with a powder cutter that spins the Nozzle when the cutter get the least worn. S W Fla. near the Gulf Coast is nothing but Sand with plenty of Hot spots that won't hold water while being irrigated.

24,154 gallons of water will cover one acre one inch deep. In some areas Golf Courses are only allotted so many "Acre Inches" per year for irrigation. Yes we should measure irrigation in inches. However tell a home owner how to adjust their irrigation is like talking to a wall. After talking yourself Blue they will still ask HOW MANY MINUTES?

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.06914 seconds with 7 queries