View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
No, fact is they can't predict weather with much of any kind of accuracy past 2-3 days out so the weather forecasters always take the 3rd day forecast and simply extend it out to where it looks like the same weather every day for a whole week, that's standard procedure.

It looks like this:

MONDAY
Jun 09 Chance of T-Storm Chance Of T-Storm Hi:85F
Lo:69F
DAY: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Lows in the upper 60s. Chance of rain 40 percent.

TUESDAY
Jun 10 Chance of T-Storm Chance Of T-Storm Hi:85F
DAY: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Lows in the upper 60s. Chance of rain 40 percent.

WEDNESDAY
Jun 11 Chance of T-Storm Chance Of T-Storm Hi:85F

THURSDAY
Jun 12 Chance of T-Storm Chance Of T-Storm Hi:89F
DAY: Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Highs in the upper 80s. Chance of rain 40 percent.

FRIDAY
Jun 13 Chance of T-Storm Chance Of T-Storm Hi:89F
DAY: Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Highs in the upper 80s. Chance of rain 40 percent.

SATURDAY
Jun 14 Chance of T-Storm Chance Of T-Storm Hi:89F

Doesn't mean the weather's actually going to do that.
And I'll just pretend you didn't know this.
Gee, thanks Herler for taking all the time to explain meteorology to me. I'm not sure what that has to do with the subject of this post anyway, since it did start raining just as we finished up the gentleman's lawn. It didn't rain as much as I thought it might, with the main storm going just south of here, so we were able to go back out late yesterday afternoon and do the remaining two properties on yesterday's schedule.

Page generated in 0.03522 seconds with 7 queries