View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Echo warm up time vs Stihl.

Hi,

I stumbled upon this site and thought I'd post here.

I'm currently thinking of replacing my 12 year old Ryobi trimmer/edger/polesaw combo with one from Echo or Stihl. Honestly the Ryobi being the older better built generation stuff is still a good trimmer and still strong. I guess I just want new stuff.

Anyway I have a Honda HRX mower, Stihl chainsaw and an Echo blower/vac. So I'm not brand loyal.

So here's the issue. I was kind of set on an Echo 266 PAS setup. 266 head unit, trimmer, straight edger, pole saw. Versus say maybe a Stihl 56 or 90 model head unit and attachments.

But... as good as my new Echo blower/vac works the warm up time is kind of a pain. ( I'm impatient I know) In the manual it says 3 minutes. When I read that after buying it I was like they are being extra cautious. So usually I start it and it idles for 30 seconds or so till I get upfront to the drive and sidewalk. I use it and it works but after about 45 or so more seconds it does change sound I think and pick up a tad more speed. So it takes maybe 1-1.5 minutes or so to seemingly fully warm up I guess.

So anyone know warm up time of the Echo 266 head unit is the same way in practice? What about the Stihl units? Do they have a warm up time near the Echo?

I usually both trim & edge after the same mow so a warm up of a minute or so isn't terrible since I'll be using it longer. The blower might frustrate me more because the manual says 3 minute warmup while the total I use it some days is only about 4 minutes total anyway.

I have one Stihl dealer near and a Stihl/Echo dealer. Both are good.

Also, anyone know the HP rating of the Echo 266? Can't find it online anywhere. Just wondering if it's an equal to the Stihl 56 or 90 model?

Thx

Page generated in 0.04044 seconds with 7 queries