View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdown View Post
My assumption has been that they want to slide under the radar for nefarious reasons...rather run a boy nextdoor operation than an real business... Obviously a generalization on my part so I don't want to hear "I'm a legitimate business with more work than you probably and just don't need to market or spend on lettering"...because it may be true... But you are likely the exception... The other 75% are probably flying under the radar. And even if you are not in need of more work and don't want growth, I still think its good to have your name on your equipment for the sake of accountability... If one of your employees is acting or driving like a jerk with your name on the truck that's not cool...it forces you to keep a tighter ship for image.

I once stopped to look at a property before had my truck lettered and noted that the guy across the street was keeping an eye on me.
I walked the lawn and went back to my truck where I started making notes, and preparing for the next few jobs - I sat there for about ten minutes. When I looked out my window, there he was, standing in his drive with his arms folded across his chest, staring at me.

I put the window down and said "Becky called and asked for an estimate for the lawn."
The fact that I used the person's name eased his mind - he was uneasy about this stranger walking around his neighbor's house and not knowing what he was up to. We chatted for a bit and he mentioned that he has small children and doesn't take chances. "We all keep an eye out for each other."

Being legitimate and looking legitimate are two different animals.

Page generated in 0.03353 seconds with 7 queries