View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
First things first. Do you have the money for a wardrobe change?

You have to get rid of all of your blue clothes.

As to buy or advertise. Are you relocating with a wife? Will she have a job there?

Where are you going to live? Buy, rent, free load off of relatives? Will you be able to buy a new house for what you sell your Yankee palace for?

$25,000 to buy a business, or advertise.

More important is how much other cash is behind you?

Will you be able to get by for your first year without much income until you get established?

I would rather advertise then buy someone's route that is full of under priced lawns and customers that go for very little up sell work.

So why the move?

Moving for better weather and longer working season. Sick and tired of snowplowing 120 inches a year for last 20 yrs.

Wife will work but I have never depended on her to pay any bills and I wont expect that in the future.

Already bought a house. No mortgage. $25k is just what I would like to spend to get started. I am looking at larger business also. If it take more money, yes i have the cash to do it.

Yes I could survive a year without income but that is not going to happen. I have 12 employees up here and expect to grow quickly in new location.

Thanks for your input.

Page generated in 0.04613 seconds with 7 queries