View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
Sorry for your lose. I lost my GP's a long time now. Miss them all the time. Miss my parents even more, mom 04, dad 06.

$10,000. You got me beat. Started in middle of May. Brought in the Suburban for inspection, needed rear brakes and what I thought sounded like front brakes was a bad front wheel bearing/hub.

$700-800's later the truck still had a CEI. Evap code. They had to smoke the truck three times before they found the leak. Now it is July 11 and it is going in for a new tank neck on Monday because they were trying to find a good used one. Because they can not just buy the neck. GM only sells the whole assembly now, metal tubes and hoses for $450.

The kicker is when the truck was in for the safety inspection they said they can not fail the truck for rusty brake lines. Though they never saw a truck with lines as rusty as mine that did not burst yet.

$1,200 for new stainless steel lines, parts and labor. Then to do the brakes lines they have to drop the tank and disconnect fuel lines. Problem is the sending units are known to rust very bad and the unit may break. A new sending unit costs $550.

Last night on the news the gov. is pushing GM to make good on rusty brake lines on 1999 to 2003 trucks. Maybe I will get some money back.

I then brought in my TJ LWB in for an inspection three weeks ago. Passed. A week ago I notice a driveline vibration. Rear driveshaft had bad front UV joint. $130 later Wrangler is fixed.

Four weeks ago the dryer broke. Told the wife we have to hold off it is summer use the clothes line.

Two weeks later the washer died. I teased the wife it is summer I'll get you a wash board for that big galvanized tub we have. The look I got.

Last week we buy a new washer and dryer. Washer DOA. They send us a new one. Second washer is DOA.

We tell the store take washer and dryer back and we go pick out another brand washer and dryer. They have to order it and will take a few days to get them in.

A few days ago the toaster oven dies. It also caused the wall receptacle to go bad. I trip that breaker and waiting for the electrician. The receptacle for the washer and dryer is on the same breaker.

The electrician was suppose to show up yesterday and did not.

This spring I bought a new Honda 21" SP. This week the wheels do not free wheel when pulling the mower backwards. So it is in the repair shop.

Stuff happens.

I used to get pissed when something breaks, but I figured getting pissed every 5 minutes was hard on my health.

Page generated in 0.04668 seconds with 7 queries